The terrorist group said they were retaliating after an alleged Israeli missile killed four civilians, three of whom were young girls.
Footage shared online shows the aftermath of the missile strikes by Hezbollah
Hezbollah is believed to have launched a series of missile strikes at Israel in retaliation to a missile which killed four civilians.
Videos shared to social media show emergency sirens followed by explosions in Qiryat Shemona, a city with a population of just over 20,000 located right on the border with Lebanon.
Earlier today a Hezbollah lawmaker claimed that an Israeli missile strike on Lebanese territory had killed three young girls aged between eight and 14 along with their grandmother, and wounded their mother.
A Telegram account claiming to be the official military media for the “Islamic Resistance” said the missiles would be launched in “response to the heinous, brutal crime committed by the Zionist enemy”.
Al Metula, a town located near Qiryat Shemona, is also believed to have been targeted.
When asked about the strike that allegedly killed four civilians in Lebanon, an Israeli military spokesperson said they would be releasing a statement soon.
According to Conflicts Observer, an Open Source Intelligence group, ten rockets were fired by Hezbollah into Israel.
It follows attacks on simultaneous Israeli positions by Hezbollah yesterday.
The Israeli military said its warplanes hit Hezbollah targets in response to an earlier attack from Lebanese territory, and that the airstrikes were followed by artillery and tank shelling.
Hezbollah has been exchanging fire with Israeli forces across the Lebanese-Israeli border since its Palestinian ally Hamas launched a brutal attack on Israel on October 7.
#IsraelPalestineConflict #BreakingNews Rockets launched from Lebanon fell in Qiryat Shemona
City.https://t.co/1ERZcT2bv3#GazaGenocide #Israel #IsraelTerrorists #HamasTerrorists #Hamas #Palestine #Hezbollah #Lebanon https://t.co/UdFkHEKs9B pic.twitter.com/S3TEY3tsow
— Peoples Eye (@eye_peoples) November 5, 2023
The terrorist group’s leader Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah, giving his first address since the start of the Hamas-Israeli war, said on Friday that the escalation on the Lebanese front would depend on the events in Gaza, and Israeli actions towards Lebanon.
He also said that the attacks on the border so far “will not be all” that Hezbollah will do.
Israel has said it has no interest in a conflict on its northern border, with PM Benjamin Netanyahu warning Hezbollah against opening a second front.
Explosions could be seen in the distance in Qiryat Shemona
He said it would bring Israeli counterstrikes of “unimaginable” magnitude that would cause “devastation” to Lebanon, according to Reuters.
An IDF official told the Times of Israel that Hezbollah “cannot breach the border because of our deployment and the readiness of our forces. The issue of ‘capturing the north’ is no longer relevant.”
He said that once they have defeated Hamas, civilians will return to evacuated communities in the north, “because of the scale and strength of the victory over Hamas.”…..CONTINUE.FULL.READING>>>