Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) warns investors against scammers as it announces plan to sell company’s share

The Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) has warned foreign businesses and investors to be wary of scammers posing as the company. The warning was sent out in an Abuja notice by Mr. Olufemi Soneye, its Chief Corporate Communications Officer.

TOP SECRET FINALLY REVEALED: Video Proof Is Here, Why Eastern Nigeria/Igbo’s Cannot Be President of Nigeria. Watch The Full Video Clip Before It Deleted Now.

The notice reads in part:

“The general public is advised to beware of individuals and companies falsely claiming to represent NNPC Limited. Their tactics include soliciting fees for meetings with NNPC’s board of directors, executives, and management staff. These actions are unauthorised and illegal.

“Foreign investors and international business entities are especially urged to remain cautious. If approached, report the incident to the appropriate authorities immediately.

“All legitimate engagements with NNPC Limited occur strictly through official channels or business units only…

“NNPC Limited remains committed to transparency, integrity, and the protection of our stakeholders in all interactions.

“Let’s work together to prevent scams. Stay alert and share this notice.”

NNPC plans to sell shares to Nigerians

This follows the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPC Ltd.) announcing on Thursday, March 27, 2025, that it is in the final stages of preparing for an initial public offering (IPO), reviving plans to sell shares to investors.

However, The Nation reported that just hours after making the announcement, NNPC Ltd. deleted its social media posts about the planned IPO, raising questions about the timing and certainty of the listing.

Related Posts

TOP SECRET FINALLY REVEALED: Video Proof Is Here, Why Eastern Nigeria/Igbo’s Cannot Be President of Nigeria. Watch The Full Video Clip Before It Deleted Now.

In the deleted statement signed by spokesman Olufemi Soneye, Olugbenga Oluwaniyi, NNPC’s Chief Finance and Investor Relations Officer, was revealed to have made the plans known during a consultative meeting with partners at the NNPC Towers in Abuja.

It was also revealed that as part of the regulatory requirement the company is conducting an “IPO Beauty Parade” to assess potential partners in three key areas: Investor Relations, IPO Readiness Advisory, and Investment Banking.

Oluwaniyi said:

“The company with the best offer in terms of project partnership would be selected for each of the three categories.” NNPC Ltd. has previously announced plans for an IPO, including in 2018 and 2023, but those efforts did not materialise due to market conditions and internal restructuring challenges.

Oluwaniyi said:

“The company with the best offer in terms of project partnership would be selected for each of the three categories.”

NNPC Ltd. has previously announced plans for an IPO, including in 2018 and 2023, but those efforts did not materialise due to market conditions and internal restructuring challenges.

The company, which became a commercial entity in 2022 under the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA), is required to list its shares in line with the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA) 1990.

Vanguard reports that analysts say NNPC Ltd. must strengthen its financial position to attract investors by improving transparency, reducing debt, and maintaining positive cash flow.

TOP SECRET FINALLY REVEALED: Video Proof Is Here, Why Eastern Nigeria/Igbo’s Cannot Be President of Nigeria. Watch The Full Video Clip Before It Deleted Now.

𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙎𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙧𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙚𝙩 𝙁𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙝 𝙪𝙥𝙙𝙖𝙩𝙚𝙨 𝙖𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙙𝙧𝙤𝙥 𝙫𝙞𝙖 [𝙏𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧] 𝙓 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 And Whatsapp Channel Now

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

×